The Tax Managing Director is essential for advising on tax strategies and compliance, reducing tax burdens, and handling regulatory complexities. This role includes decision-making in tax filings, responding to government inquiries, and foreseeing policy changes. Integral to the firm’s leadership, the director supervises tax processes and engages in marketing and business development, while maintaining key client relationships and addressing complex tax questions.
- Ten (10) or more years of prior relevant tax experience and/or public accounting, private industry accounting or consulting/professional services experience required
- Primary practice area preferred is Flow Through taxation, but experience with International Tax, Individual Tax, Estate and Gift is a plus
- Prior supervisory experience required
- CPA certification, Attorney (admitted to practice in a U.S. jurisdiction), or Internal Revenue Service Enrolled Agent (“EA”) (or the equivalent of one of these designations) required
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively delegate work as needed
- Ability to work independently, perform tax research, and solve problems with little or no oversight.
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills as well as decision-making skills
- Capacity to work well in a team environment
- Capable of developing and managing a team of tax professionals
- Ability to compose written tax advice
- Capable of effectively developing and maintaining client relationships
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary client contact for preparation and presentation of issues and resolutions to clients
- The Tax Managing Director is responsible for applying industry-specific knowledge to advise clients on the tax implications of their business objections, evaluating and selecting alternative actions to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance, and identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations while acting as the primary client contact for complex tax issues.
- In this role, you will be charged with applying knowledge to understand potential tax issues, recognizing and communicating potential risks and potential changes in the tax policy, and making top-level decisions regarding filing, preparation, and resolution of questions from federal / state agencies.
- In addition, the Tax Managing Director will be a critical member of the firm’s tax leadership team and thus will be involved in direct supervision as either a final or secondary reviewer.
- Finally, the Tax Managing Director will actively participate in the marketing, networking, and business development within an area of expertise and specialization while maintaining client relationships and acting as the primary contact for complex questions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $125,000.00 – $225,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- License reimbursement
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Tax experience: 10 years (Required)
- CPA (Required)
Work Location: In person
The Tax Managing Director is essential for advising on tax strategies and compliance, reducing tax burdens, and handling regulatory complexities. This role includes decision-making in tax filings, res…